State Industry Groups
Interested in joining GBCA 2016 State Industry Groups?
The Green Building Council of Australia is a member based organisation and we need your help to ensure that we are supporting our members in all corners of Australia. As a geographically large and diverse country, there are many unique local issues that the GBCA needs to address to ensure that we really do create sustainable places for everyone.
The State Industry Groups (SIGs) will be our voice for the States and help us address and capitalise on local market trends and sentiments, opportunities, collaborations and policy positions.
We will be aiming to form a State Industry Group in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA, WA and QLD and we will be capturing both state capital and regional issues. We encourage members of all sectors of industry to apply to create a rich and diverse discussion.
What will a SIG member do?
- Attend our face to face meetings that are held twice a year (April / October)
- Attend teleconferences held twice a year (Feb / July) Be up to date on state-based and local issues, and come armed with ideas and solutions
- Act as a local voice and champions of GBCA activities
What will be discussed at a SIG meeting?
- Updates on GBCA projects and activities
- State and Local government issues
- Local market trends
- Local response to, and appetite for sustainable buildings and cities
NOTE: The SIG is not intended to be a forum for Green Star feedback. Green Star feedback should be directed to our Sustainability Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The GBCA has updated the nomination process for those members who wish to participate in our SIGs. The groups will be active in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. The purpose of these groups is twofold:
1. To receive information and updates on key GBCA activities, and then disseminate this information through the networks of SIG members; and
2. Provide the GBCA with relevant industry information and feedback to assist the GBCA in delivering outcomes in accordance with its strategic priorities.
State Industry Group members for 2016/17 will be appointed by the GBCA following an Expression of Interest campaign, which is now open.
The first meetings will be aligned with the new financial year and commence in Sept/ October 2016.
Members will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Nominees must be employed by a member company;
- Nominees should have experience in the green building industry, however need not necessarily be a Green Star Accredited Professional, Green Star Associate or previously worked on a Green Star project;
- Nominees must adhere to the Terms of Reference;
- Nominees must be willing to attend (either in person or via teleconference) two, two hour meetings per financial year (in 2016/17).
If you are interested in nominating for a State Industry Group and meet the above criteria, please email us with a brief paragraph stating why you are interested in being part of these groups and a link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one), to Nadia Forwood, Manager, Member Engagement by 5:00pm Friday 15 July 2016. In the subject line please include “Nomination for State Industry Group 2016: QLD” (please write the State in which you reside).
All candidates shall be notified of the outcome two weeks after nominations close.
Please note, there are limited spaces available per state and only one representative per company per state will be accepted.
Manager - Market Engagement
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6234