Green Star FAQs
Do I need to engage a waste auditor for the Operational Waste Prescriptive Pathway?
In regards to the documentation requirements for Operational Waste, the GBCA confirms the following:
The requirements Submission Guidelines should be used.
The GBCA confirms that it is not a requirement of this pathway that the project implement a OWMP or engage a waste auditor.
The project team may use the updated documentation requirements:
- Submission Template
- Site Plan and/or Architectural Plans — highlighting all relevant areas as referenced by the WMP, and demonstrating:
- B.1 Separation of Waste Streams;
- B.2 Dedicated Waste Storage Area; and
- B.3 Access to Waste Storage Area.
- B.1- Equipment list/schedule demonstrating that waste streams provided are met through adequate bins
- B.2- Calculations in regards to waste generation and bin sizing and reference to how these figures meet third party best practice guidelines e.g. The City of Sydney’s Policy for Waste Minimisation in New Developments 2005
- B.3- Description of how waste collection areas adhere to best practices, as outlined within third-party best practice guidelines
The key requirement is that evidence is provided to support each claim made within the Submission Template.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.2 / Management / 8 Operational Waste
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.3 / Management / 8 Operational Waste
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.3 / Management / 8.B Prescriptive Pathway: Facilities
- Green Star - Interiors v1.2 / Management / 7 Operational Waste
- Green Star - Interiors v1.3 / Management / 7 Operational Waste
- Green Star - Interiors v1.3 / Management / 7.B Prescriptive Pathway: Facilities
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: