Green Star FAQs
Are external balconies considered an external clothes drying facility?
No, external balconies are not considered acceptable external clothes drying facilities under the Building Services criteria for the Energy Use - Residential pathway credit from Green Star Buildings v1 as simply providing a space for drying clothes does not satisfy the intent of this credit. The intent of the credit is to provide tenants with facilities that are energy efficient such as, clothes lines, hoist, or similar equipment privately for each apartment or as part of an on-site dedicated communal facility.
Project teams must also demonstrate that 95% of dwellings have either no available space for a clothes dryer OR a heat pump clothes dryer with auto-sensing feature and vented to the outside to meet the criteria requirements.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1 / Positive / 22 Energy Use
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Positive / 22 Energy Use
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: