Green Star FAQs
How many years of the building's electricity and energy use should be offset for the Other Carbon Emissions credit?
For the Other Emissions criteria under Exceptional Performance in the Other Carbon Emissions credit from Green Star Buildings v1, the offsets associated with the building's electricity and energy use should be equivalent to 5 years of the building's modelled operational electricity and energy use as calculated in the Energy Use credit. The current grid emissions factor should be used.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1 / Positive / 24 Other Carbon Emissions
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Positive / 24 Other Carbon Emissions
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: