Green Star FAQs
Are there any alternative requirements for Lighting Comfort criteria for Class 2 buildings in Green Star Buildings?
Yes, Class 2 buildings targeting the 'Lighting Comfort' and 'Glare from Light Sources' criteria in Green Star Buildings can use the below criteria to meet credit compliance:
- Have a Minimum Colour Rendering Index (CRI) 85
- Be consistent for the colour selected, demonstrated through a Standard Deviation Colour Matching (SDCM) of 3 or lower.
- All luminaries must not produce unwanted glare and achieve a Unified Glare Rating (UGR) of less than 19 for living, dining, kitchen, bedrooms & bathrooms. For all other areas a UGR of less than 22 is acceptable. Information can be found on the manufacturers datasheets or by requesting it.
- All luminaire control gear must meet the requirements in IEEE 1789-2015 as either being ‘Low Risk” or “No Observable Effect”
All other spaces (classified by NCC) present in the building meet the requirements as per the Green Star Buildings v1 submission guidelines.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1 / Healthy / 11 Light Quality
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Healthy / 11 Light Quality
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: