Green Star FAQs
Is there an alternative method to demonstrate compliance with the Active Generation and Storage Systems pathway?
An alternative method of achieving compliance with the 'Active Generation and Storage Systems' pathway under the Grid Resilience credit from Green Star Buildings v1 is where a network grid operator has the remote ability to stop the export of on-site electricity generated to the grid during peak solar generation periods.
This is on the condition that the excess electricity being generated by the building continues to be consumed, stored, or transferred energy through a micro-grid to other buildings.
All other compliance requirements are as per the submission guidelines.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1 / Resilient / 20 Grid Resilience
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Resilient / 20 Grid Resilience
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: