Green Star FAQs
What is the intent of the Interaction with Nature criterion in Connection to Nature?
The intent of the Interaction with Nature criterion from Green Star Buildings v1 is to encourage physical human interaction with nature.
An example of this could include a rooftop vegetable garden, where building occupants have the opportunity to plant, nurture, and interact with nature on a deeper level than visual, as this is already covered in the 'Views' and 'Plants & Nature-inspired Design' criteria of the Connection to Nature Credit.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1 / Healthy / 15 Connection to Nature
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Healthy / 15 Connection to Nature
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: