Green Star FAQs
Are Savanna burning offsets accepted as a Nature Based Solutions for the purposes of Green Star?
Savanna Burning Offsets (Emissions reductions offsets) are accepted as a nature based solutions for the purposes of Green Star Buildings v1 only.
For all other Future Focus Rating tools under Green Star, only carbon removal offsets are accepted as nature based solutions. Future versions of Green Star Buildings will not allow Savana Burning Offsets.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Positive / 24 Other Carbon Emissions
- Green Star Buildings v1.0 / Positive / 21 Upfront Carbon Emissions
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: