Green Star FAQs
Are there alternative standards for MVHR system continuous airflow rates to comply with under Green Star Homes?
The Green Star Homes v1 standard requires that MVHR system continuous airflow rates are in accordance with AS 1668.2:2012 The use of ventilation and air conditioning in buildings - Part 2: Mechanical ventilation in buildings.
Alternatively, this credit requirement is satisfied if MVHR system airflow rates comply with ASHRAE Standard 62.2:2022 Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Residential Buildings or UK Ventilation Approved Document F 2021 Edition (where Table 1.2 High Rate extract values shall be multiplied by 1.25).
Please provide the following in your submission:
- Evidence demonstrating the MVHR system airflow rates comply with at least one of the above recognised standards
- All other documentation as per the Submission Guidelines
- A copy of this FAQ
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Homes v1 / Healthy / 8.1 Mechanical Ventilation
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: