Green Star FAQs
What is the process for upgrading my project from Design & As Built to Green Star Buildings?
The Upgrade Process:
1) Reach out to the GBCA firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you are interested in upgrading to Green Star Buildings. The Market Engagement team will then request you submit further detail in an Eligibility Query through the GBCA online portal.
2) As an earlier version of the certification agreement was executed when the project was registered, the project Applicant will need to execute a new certification agreement (Version 4.1). This includes key clauses relating to Green Star Buildings and the use of data. A summary of the main changes is provided below.
3) Submit a complimentary Technical Question to the GBCA outlining all previously submitted Eligibility Requests or Technical Questions and request that they be reviewed for compliance under Green Star Buildings. Once the assigned Technical Coordinator has reviewed and updated these responses, if required, they will be reissued to the project team. Note: if no Technical Questions have been lodged for this project, this step is not required.
4) Once the Eligibility Query is approved, the upgrade will be processed.
Climate Positive Pathway requirements:
Projects already registered under Green Star - Design & As Built (any version) that wish to change their registration to Green Star Buildings are subject to the 'Registering from 2020 onwards' requirement regardless of when they update their rating tool. They are not subject to the 2023 requirements.
However, those upgrading are still subject to the requirement that applies to all buildings under 'Certified after 1st January 2030, regardless of registration date'.
Summary of changes to Green Star Certification Agreement (v4.1)
- A list of Data Objectives is included at Annexure A of the Certification Agreement to ensure that applicants understand how we will use and disclose their data;
- An undertaking has been included to ensure that all parties will comply with all relevant laws, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
- Refinement of our statement on Intellectual Property Rights, without detracting from Applicants' IP rights, to ensure we have the necessary IP permissions to pursue our objectives; and
- Refinement of the definition of Confidential Information to ensure it does not include information in the public domain or deidentified information;
- Inclusion of GBCA's revised Green Star trademarks.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star Buildings v1
- Green Star Buildings v1.0
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: