Green Star FAQs
How is the distance to a hazardous waste collection / disposal services facility measured from a community project site?
For the purpose of credit criterion 30.2C.2B of Communities v1.0 and v1.1, the distance to a hazardous waste collection or disposal services facility is measured radially outward from the nearest part of the community site boundary. The distance must be less than 5km to meet compliance, as demonstrated in the attached image.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star - Communities v1 / Environment / 30.2 Operational Waste
- Green Star - Communities v1.1 / Environment / 30.2 Operational Waste
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: