Green Star FAQs
What does the GBCA define as appropriate electric vehicle charging infrastructure ?
The GBCA defines appropriate electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure as providing fast charging EV chargers i.e. AC or DC chargers for both staff and visitor parking provisions.
EV charging infrastructure should be provided for a minimum 5% of total car parking spaces, should comply with all relevant Standards and health and safety legislation, be easily accessible and be located undercover. It is noted that trickle chargers, also referred to as occasional use chargers/ emergency chargers/ portable EV chargers which use a standard (three-prong) 220V plug are only recommended in urgent cases and therefore unsuitable to provide as a permanent EV charging solution for staff and visitors.
Please provide the following in your submission:
- Evidence demonstrating that EV infrastructure has been provided for a minimum 5% of the car parking spaces, for example, project drawings showing the dedicated car parking spaces.
- Evidence that fast charging EV infrastructure has been provided i.e. AC or DC charging ports.
- Evidence that clear signage has been provided for the EV infrastructure.
- A copy of this response.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star - Buildings v1 / Transport
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1 / Transport
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.1 / Transport
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.2 / Transport
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.3 / Transport
- Green Star - Interiors v1 / Transport
- Green Star - Interiors v1.1 / Transport
- Green Star - Interiors v1.2 / Transport
- Green Star - Interiors v1.3 / Transport
- Green Star - Performance v1.2 / Transport
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: