Green Star FAQs
Do buildings need to be included in the scope of the LCA in the Green Star- Communities rating tool?
Yes, as the precision and depth of LCA modelling for buildings is to be commensurate with the level of impact on the LCA results. The intent of the credit is to reward the reduction of the environmental impacts of construction materials for the site wide works over their life cycle. Projects should consider the lifecycle impacts associated with the buildings in alignment with the Design & As Built LCA requirements.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star - Communities v1 / Environment
- Green Star - Communities v1.1 / Environment
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: