Green Star FAQs
Can a project demonstrate compliance with 12.0 Glare Reduction through a provision to install blinds by tenants?
Yes, the project team can demonstrate compliance with credit '12.0 Glare Reduction', through a provision for tenants to install blinds on the following conditions:
- Evidence is provided that there are no obstructions to installing blinds, and that the spaces are constructed to support compliant tenant delivered systems;
- It is demonstrated that the future installation of blinds to windows is not impeded by the base building services, façade design, and/or structure.
- A Tenancy Fitout Guide (or similar) is provided which outlines a typical blind detail to demonstrate how blinds can be integrated at the perimeter.
Please provide the following in your submission:
- Tenancy Fitout Guide (or similar)
- Drawings and any other evidence to demonstrate base building provisions for blinds
- A copy of this response.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1 / Indoor Environment Quality / 12 Visual Comfort - Glare Reduction
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.1 / Indoor Environment Quality / 12 Visual Comfort - Glare Reduction
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.2 / Indoor Environment Quality / 12 Visual Comfort - Glare Reduction
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.3 / Indoor Environment Quality / 12.0 Glare Reduction
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: