Green Star FAQs
Can taps dedicated for cleaning and facility management be excluded from the Green Star - Potable Water credit?
Yes, for the purposes of the Potable water credit, the following fixtures and fittings may be excluded, as the water consumption will not be altered significantly by reducing the water flow:
- Bath taps, laboratory taps, and taps dedicated to cleaning and facility management.
- Kitchen or café tap ware, where the primary use is for pot fill and container filling.
- Kitchen/ Café Chilled, Boiling and Sparkling tap ware which are used to fill cups.
Please include a copy of this response in your submission.
Note: Kitchen/ café chilled, boiling and sparkling tap ware i.e. tea point billi units/ zip taps (or similar) may also be excluded from credit criterion 16A.3 Domestic Hot Water Systems within Green Star- Interiors.
This FAQ is related to the following Rating Tools, Categories or Credits:
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1 / Water / 18 Potable Water
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.1 / Water / 18 Potable Water
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.2 / Water / 18 Potable Water
- Green Star - Design & As Built v1.3 / Water
- Green Star - Interiors v1 / Water / 18 Potable Water
- Green Star - Interiors v1.1 / Water / 18 Potable Water
- Green Star - Interiors v1.3 / Water
These FAQs are:
- provided as additional technical assistance for Green Star users.
- optional and free to use on Green Star projects.
When used on Green Star projects, make sure to:
- state the FAQ number on the Submission Template.
- click on "Download" to save the FAQ.
- include the PDF in the submission.
The GBCA reserves the right to add or remove FAQ at our discretion.
Submit a question by selecting an option below: