LCA Course: Introductory Module
GBCA and Edge Environment have partnered together to bring you a specialised training course focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
LCA is the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime. This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via Innovation Challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you, or your customers, are working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
About the course
Delivered over a four-part series, each module is tailored to a specific aspect of LCA and sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face or via webinar. We encourage everyone to attend the introductory module, before attending the detailed modules.
Course leaders include:
- Jonas Bengtsson – Director Edge Environment
- Jacqui Bonnitcha - Principal Consultant, Edge Environment
About Module 1 - LCA and Sustainability
In this module your will gain the knowledge required to commission a cost effective and complying LCA to achieve your Green Star rating.
* Please note the Introductory Module will be treated as assumed knowledge in the Detailed Modules and we strongly recommend all participants attend this module before attending the detailed modules.
Who should attend?
Architects, designers, engineers, developers, ESD consultants, building product manufacturers, Green Star Accredited Professionals, sustainability managers, building product manufacturers, building product suppliers.
- Understand the types of tools, resources and expertise required to carry out an LCA
- Learn how LCA is used within Green Star 2014
- Understand how LCA is used in Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), whole of building LCA, strategy and procurement
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- LCA - Product Transparency 03/11/2014
- LCA - Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts 14/11/2014
- LCA - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy 3/12/2014
Other LCA webinar modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 29/09/2014
- LCA - Product Transparency (Part 1 07/11/2014, Part 2 11/11/14)
- LCA - Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts (Part 1 17/11/2014, Part 2 21/11/14)
- LCA - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy (Part 1 2/12/2014, Part 2 4/12/14)
|Member module 1||$325|
|Non Member module 1||$429|
|Member package (all four face to face courses)||$1300|
|Non Member package (all four face to face courses)||$1800|
- Member /
- Non-Member /
WhenThu 25 Sep 2014 9:00am - 11:30am
Level 15, 179 Elizabeth Street,