New Industry Engagement team
Following a positive response from our members to various industry engagement exercises that the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) has conducted in the last 12 months, two new industry engagement representatives, Toufik Refki and Tanya Parker, have been appointed to work closely with members and accelerate green building around the country.
Tanya Parker joins us from Jones Lang LaSalle in South Australia, where she was the Manager of Valuation and Advisory Services. Tanya's business acumen, experience in commercial property, and knowledge and passion for sustainability will be valuable assets for the GBCA and our members.
Toufik Refki has been relocated from the GBCA's Certification team. He has a deep understanding of Green Star, having been a technical coordinator and project case manager since 2008. Toufik has also previously worked for Good Environment Choice Australia as a verification officer.
Toufik and Tanya will work with National Industry Engagement representative, Trudy-Ann King, who has a national focus and is responsible for industry engagement sector strategies. Trudy-Ann is an experienced green building advocate, having previously been the GBCA's State Manager for Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania, as well as the Asia Pacific Regional Manager for the World Green Building Council.
"We are confident this team, in conjunction with the broader Industry Engagement team, will add extra value to Green Building Council of Australia membership. Together, we are a powerful and active voice within the Australian property industry and will influence the future direction of green buildings and cities in our regions," says Executive Director, Suzie Barnett.
In This Section
- First 6 Star Green Star library is one of Australia's best places for peopleTue 3 Jun 2014
- Parramatta sets its sights on a sustainable futureTue 2 Jul 2013
- Smart and sustainable space for learningMon 17 Jun 2013
- Sydney sets its sights on a sustainable futureThu 13 Jun 2013
- Tasmania sets its sights on Green Star certified schoolsMon 23 Apr 2012
- GBCA calls for integrated approach to population strategy and urban policy developmentFri 17 Dec 2010
- Existing buildings reaching for the green starsWed 15 Dec 2010
- Cities are everyone's business, says GBCAFri 10 Dec 2010
- Revised credits herald the next generation of Green StarWed 8 Dec 2010
- National urban policy needed, says GBCAWed 1 Dec 2010