New agreement a boost to green collar skills
A new agreement between the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) and Australian Institute of Architects (the Institute) will boost the property and construction industry's green collar skills.
The two organisations have signed a memorandum of understanding which will deliver cross-accreditation of courses, events and activities that promote sustainability in the built environment.
Architects will receive recognition for green skills education and training they undertake with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs of either organisation.
"This relationship streamlines the CPD process, making it easier for architects to gain points in both the Institute and GBCA CPD programs. It recognises the commitment that our members have made to continually advance their green skills," says the Institute's Chief Executive Officer, David Parken.
"The GBCA and the Institute are dedicated to supporting the green skills development of architects across the industry," says Chief Executive of the GBCA, Romilly Madew.
"This new agreement is an indicator of where the industry is heading. Green skills are no longer seen as an 'add on' but an integral requirement for people working in the built environment.
"Green jobs are the jobs of the future. Sustainability skills should be embedded in all jobs in all sectors of Australia's economy, but particularly in the property and construction industry, which has an unrivalled opportunity to reduce carbon emissions and water use, while supporting the growth of new, low-carbon industries," Ms Madew concludes.
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 0412 179 135
Email: [email protected]
In This Section
- 40% increase in certifications confirms sustainability is here to stayWed 16 Dec 2015
- Climate pact a critical step on the low-carbon pathwayMon 14 Dec 2015
- Net zero the next step for green building movementMon 7 Dec 2015
- South Australia on the path towards carbon zeroTue 1 Dec 2015
- International leadership award for Australia’s greenest starMon 23 Nov 2015
- Leading the way with Australia’s most sustainable communitiesThu 19 Nov 2015
- 80,000 mid-tier buildings under the energy productivity spotlightWed 18 Nov 2015
- Kathmandu set to open Australasia’s first Green Star storeThu 12 Nov 2015
- Royal collaboration delivers Australia’s first 6 Star residential buildingThu 5 Nov 2015
- 1000 Green Star ratings equals 14 million sqm of green spaceThu 29 Oct 2015