Green Star - Public Building v1
You are looking at a discontinued version of Green Star. This Legacy Rating Tool is no longer available for registration. The most recent version of Green Star for design and construction of sustainable buildings is Green Star - Design & As Built.
Green Star - Public Building v1 is a rating tool that provides developers, owners, and users with an avenue for independent assessment of the environmental attributes of their spaces - from libraries to law courts, museums, art galleries and places of worship.
Registration under this rating tool closed in December 2015, new projects must register under the current versions of the Green Star rating tools.
Projects which have been previously registered or have been certified for a Green Star – Public Building Design v1 rating will still be able to register for a Green Star – Public Building As Built v1 rating, provided that the eligibility criteria is still met.
The Green Star – Public Building v1 rating tool assesses the environmental attributes of new and refurbished public buildings and their fitouts. The rating tool has been designed to assess a diverse set of spaces and space uses across diverse geographical areas.
Green Star - Public Building will ensure that governments and industry have access to best practice benchmarks for the sustainable design and construction of public buildings, as well as an avenue for independent certification of their buildings' sustainable attributes.
Using Green Star - Public Building
Green Star - Public Building v1 Technical Manual (BETA Viewer)
Green Star - Public Building v1 Scorecard
Updated: 1st March, 2016* (Original release 9th May, 2013)
Green Star - Public Building v1 Calculators
Updated: 10th February, 2015* (Original release 9th May, 2013)
- Design rating to As Built rating reduced documentation template
- Change of Ecological Value Calculator Guide
- Commuting Mass Transport Calculator Guide
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Calculator Guide
- Fitout Calculators Guide
- Green Star Photovoltaic Modelling Guidelines
- Potable Water Calculator Guide
- Solar Hot Water and Heat Pump Booster Energy Calculation Methodology
- Daylight and Views Hand Calculation Guide (Updated 22 July 2015)
- Assessment of Building Users' Guide and Design Intent Report (Uploaded 1 April 2014)