The GBCA released the Green Star – Interiors v1 rating tool in December, 2014. This version of the rating tool incorporated feedback received as part of the Green Star – Interiors PILOT process, as well as the development of the Green Star – Design & As Built and Green Star – Performance rating tools.
The following document summarises the changes that have been made to credits throughout the Green Star – Interiors PILOT process and how these changes have been incorporated into Green Star – Interiors v1. These changes have been based on rating tool feedback, industry feedback and Technical Clarifications and Credit Interpretation Requests received throughout the PILOT process.
If you have any feedback on Green Star – Interiors v1, please contact the Green Star team.
Rating tool development
Green Star – Interiors was developed through extensive consultation with industry.
- Green Star – Interiors tool was released in October 2012 as an independent, national, voluntary rating tool to drive the development of healthy, productive and sustainable interior fitouts.
- First available as a PILOT rating tool, Green Star – Interiors was developed by the GBCA in close consultation with a range of stakeholders, industry experts and through feedback from PILOT projects.
- The Green Star – Interiors PILOT rating tool was developed on the basis of many credits already in operation within other Green Star rating tools, including many from the Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 rating tool. However, through a rigorous credit development and consolidation process, the PILOT rating tool has resulted in the amalgamation of many credits, as well as the introduction of several new ones.
- The feedback from the development of Green Star – Design & As Built was also incorporated into Green Star – Interiors. For information on the Consultation for Green Star – Design & As Built, have a look here.
- For more information on the Green Star – Interiors PILOT rating tool, click here.
Green Star Team
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6200
Email: [email protected]