Meet the Stars: Global Change Institute
Join us as we ‘Meet the Stars’ behind the incredible Global Change Institute, a world leading education facility at the University of Queensland.
Described as a living building, the Global Change Institute moves away from a framework of consumption and contributes to the restoration and regeneration of the environment. To achieve this, the bold $32 million structure incorporates the most advanced levels of sustainability, including:
- Operable sun-shading and a louvered façade to control light and air flow
- A cooling green wall, bush tucker garden and bio-retention basin
- Hydronic floor panels are flushed with chilled water to cool the building, while a thermal chimney draws warm air out of the building
- Rainwater storage of 60,000 litres to serve the cooling systems, kitchen and showers
The Global Change Institute is also the first building in Australia to include structural use of cement-free, geopolymer pre-cast concrete which significantly reduced the building’s carbon footprint.
Want to know more? Join the project team as they discuss their challenges and achievements in delivering this impressive building.
Our panelists include;
- Troy King, HASSELL
- Bill Boyd - LAW, University of Queensland
- Malcolm Rae, Medlands
- Rod Bligh, Bligh Tanner
- Anne Kovachevich, Arup
Book now. This event will sell out.
Thank you to our venue sponsor:
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
CPD Points2 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenFri 22 Aug, 2014
7:30am - 9:30am