Webinar: LCA Course - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy
GBCA and Edge Environment have partnered together to bring you a specialised training course focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
LCA is the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime. This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via innovation challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you, your customers or your suppliers, are working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
About the course
Each module is tailored to a specific aspect of sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face or via webinar.
We encourage you to attend as many sessions as possible.
Course leaders include:
- Danielle Mulder – Director Edge Environment
- Jacqui Bonnitcha - Principal Consultant, Edge Environment
Module 4 - Linking LCA to Sustainable Procurement and Strategy
Sustainability in buildings is about more than design. The procurement process, and the overarching sustainability strategy, can ensure that sustainability is efficiently integrated in to your businesses operations. A thorough approach to sustainability ensures that selected initiatives have the maximum benefit to your organisation, environmentally, socially and economically. This module will be delivered over two sessions, you are required to attend both; Part 1: Tuesday 2nd December, 3:00pm - 4:30pm and Part 2: Thursday 4th December. 2:00pm - 3:30pm. Ticket price covers both modules.
- Identify the key sustainability strategies relevant to the participant's business
- Understand how whole of life and triple-bottom line analysis is being applied strategically. Learn about how Social LCA, Social Return on Investment and Life Cycle Costing is being applied as part of whole of life analysis
- Understand sustainable procurement and international standards including BS-8903
- Understand how LCA can be linked to sustainable supply chain management
- Learn about leveraging sustainability to create innovation
Understand the opportunity for innovation to reduce environmental impacts.
Who should attend?
Strategic thinkers, heads of sustainability, professionals working in the supply chain.
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 25/09/2014
- Detailed Module - Product Transparency 3/11/2014
- Detailed Module - Materials Life Cycle Impacts 14/11/2014
Other LCA webinar modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability (29/09/2014)
- LCA - Product Transparency (Part 1 - 7/11/2014, Part 2 - 11/11/14)
- LCA - Materials Life Cycle Impacts (Part 1 - 17/11/2014, Part 2 - 21/11/14)
Price list - book in before Friday 22 August to receive the early bird rate of 20% off
|Member module 4||$199|
|Non Member module 4||$299|
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non-Member /
WhenTue 2 Dec 2014 3:00pm - 4:30pm
LocationPart 1: Tuesday 2nd December, 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Part 2: Thursday 4th December. 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Ticket covers both parts