Growing up - residential living done right
The way we live is changing. As our cities experience rapid growth and we grapple with access to amenities, housing affordability and providing healthy, connected places for people, we need to focus on new ways of planning, developing and delivering the places where Australians will live.
Achieving the right diversity of housing has a large role to play in easing the social, economic and environmental issues we see rising out of a rapidly changing residential landscape. But we need to do it right. The planned brown and greenfield developments can introduce Australians to better ways of living, but are we taking up these opportunities or simply churning out more of the same? Can Australia double its population and deliver more sustainable lifestyles and homes at the same time?
Join us on Tuesday 16th September as we provide an insight into the research, thinking and reality of a changing residential approach in Australia, including the benefits of the Green Star—Multi-Unit residential rating tool and how to leverage the consumer as a key player in this space.
With an expert line-up of speakers we will unpack the big questions and work towards solutions including:
- What will our housing stock requirements be over the next 20 years?
- How does our industry mobilise to meet the housing demand?
- What type of residential developments do people want to live in and where?
- How do we deliver the right diversity of homes and services in order to offer a better quality of living than ever before?
- What are the environmental, social, economic benefits of sustainable residential developments?
- How to best communicate with consumers about residential developments and make ‘resi’ sexy?
|Thank you to our venue partner:
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non-Member /
- Member Group of Four (4) /
- Non-Member Group of Four (4) /
CPD Points3 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenTue 16 Sep, 2014
8:30am - 12:00pm (8:15am registration)
LocationNAB - The Arena
700 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000