Green Star - Design & As Built Foundation Course
The Green Star Foundation Course is GBCA's flagship course, and replaces our Green Star Accredited Professional course starting from July 2010.
The Green Star Foundation Course focuses on the content and application of Green Star rating tools, including the business case for building green, the various Green Star rating tools available, the categories and credits within the tools, and the steps necessary to register and certify a project.
The format consists of lecture, Q&A, case studies and a group activity workshop, providing a theoretical understanding as well as practical application of the Green Star rating tools.
When you attend the Green Star Foundation Course you will:
- learn how to apply Green Star tools to your projects
- gain exposure to the different rating tools available under Green Star
- achieve a better understanding of green building practices
- connect with like-minded individuals in the property and building industries.
The Green Star Foundation course is the first step to becoming a Green Star Accredited Professional or a Green Star Associate. The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program is now available and will help you to maintain your knowledge of the Green Star environmental rating system and stay in touch with latest trends and technologies in green building.
If you wish to become a GSAP you will need to pass the Green Star Accredited Professional Exam as well as meet all other eligibility. This is an online exam you can take anytime, anywhere; it is open book, and must be completed within 2 hours and in one sitting.
Course participants come from an increasingly diverse range of professions - including academics, architects, contractors/builders, cost planners, engineers, facilities managers, general managers, interior designers, landscape architects, marketing managers, policy advisers, product manufacturers, project managers, quantity surveyors and lawyers.
We welcome anyone who works on a Green Star project in any capacity to attend the course to assist Green Star knowledge across the entire project team.
As this course is a prerequisite to enrol in the CPD program, attendance at this course does not accrue any CPD points.
AIA CPD program
$550 per person for GBCA Members
$800 per person for Non-members.
The course fee includes tuition, Green Star Foundation Course Workbook, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Technical manuals can be ordered separately online. When you register for a course, you will receive a $100 discount on your purchase of any technical manual (valid for one month after your course completion date).
Payments and refund policy
- Notification of transfers must be made in writing not less than 10 working days prior to course/event.
- Cancellations should be made in writing and can only be made 10 days prior to course/event. Only 50% of payments shall be refunded.
- The full fee is payable for non-attendance. If you are unable to attend you may send a substitute.
- Refund cheques take up to 4 weeks to process and will be forwarded to participants by mail.
- The Green Building Council of Australia reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
- The cost of this course does not include the cost of the exam.
- Member /
- Non-Member /
CPD PointsThis course does not accrue CPD points.
LocationD Squared Consulting
Suite 5, 241 Pirie Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs