Green Star Communities Foundation Course
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course teaches the fundamentals of the Green Star - Communities rating tool. The participants learn about the business case for sustainable communities, the categories and credits within the rating tool, and the steps to register and certify a Green Star - Communities project.
The learning format consists of a lecture, Q&A, case studies and small group activities, which provide attendees with:
- knowledge of the principles underpinning Green Star – Communities
- an awareness of how Green Star – Communities fits within the broader set of Green Star rating tools
- an understanding of the eligibility requirements and the certification process
- an understanding of how to use the Green Star - Communities Submission Guideline; and
- an understanding of what the Green Star – Communities categories and credits aim to achieve.
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course is also an important first step towards becoming a Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) – Communities.
Is this course for me?
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course is a great introduction to the Green Star – Communities rating tool and sustainable urban design principles and practices. Participants come from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds including academics, architects, contractors/builders, cost planners, engineers, general managers, urban designers, town planners, landscape architects, policy advisers and project managers. We encourage anyone who works on a Green Star - Communities project in any capacity to attend.
The Australian Institute of Architects has allocated 4 formal CPD points for attendance at this course.
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
WhenWed 28 Feb 2018 9:00am - 4:00pm
Level 25, 133 Castlereagh Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Getting TherePlease register on Level 2
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs