Systems Thinking in Residential Buildings
Image courtesy of Brett Aylen
How do we ensure success in sustainable buildings?
By taking a holistic view of how we design, construct and maintain buildings. Considering the building's form is key and how this affects air movement, thermal performance, control of moisture, ambient energy, acoustics, light and climate.
It's a lot to juggle, which is why we're running a Systems Thinking in Residential Buildings course.
Systems Thinking is a design discipline used in leading sustainable buildings in Australia and internationally to achieve high performing buildings. In this course we explore how this can also be applied to the residential scale and the impacts on the energy efficiency and comfort of a home.
- learn the theory behind Systems Thinking
- discuss case studies showing successful implementation of energy efficient design and delivery
- look at practical concepts and tools for the delivery of Systems Thinking in residential projects.
This course is suitable for professionals wishing to further their knowledge on sustainable design principles including:
- Design, Building and Trade Professionals
- Construction Site and Contract Coordinators
- Regulatory Professionals, Surveyors and Certifiers
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
CPD Points5 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenThu 23 Nov, 2017
10am-4pm, registration at 9.45am
LocationNorman Disney & Young
115 Batman Street
West Melbourne, VIC, 3003
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs