LCA Course: Product Transparency and Sustainability
Interested in seeing LCA in Melbourne? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Developed by GBCA and Edge Environment, this specialised training course is for any professional looking to upskill in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) - the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime.
LCA and Green Star
This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via Innovation Challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you’re working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
Delivered over a four-part series, each module is tailored to a specific aspect of LCA and sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face. We encourage everyone to attend the introductory module, before attending the detailed modules.
Product Transparency and Sustainability – LCA Module 2
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) provides the methodology to understand and compare the environment of different product choices. This module will provide you with in depth knowledge on how to undertake an LCA and the relationship between Green Star, LCA and marketing your products.
Who should attend?
Green Star Accredited Professionals, architects, designers, engineers, developers, ESD consultants, building product manufacturers, sustainability managers, building product manufacturers, building product suppliers, product specifiers, procurement professionals, building product industry associations, property/building associations and other environmental specialists.
- Understand the Green Star ‘Product Transparency and Sustainability’ credit including the role of LCA in Green Star rating tools
- Understand how LCA can be used to promote products
- Begin an LCA by establishing the goal and scope specific to the participants product
- Understand the next steps required to progress to a full LCA and Environmental Product Declaration
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability
- Detailed Module – Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts
- Detailed Module - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
WhenThu 7 May 2015 8:45am - 12:00pm
Level 15, 179 Elizabeth St