LCA Course: Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts
GBCA and Edge Environment have partnered together to bring you a specialised training course focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
LCA is the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime. This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via innovation challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you, or your clients, are working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
About the course
Delivered over a four-part series, each module is tailored to a specific aspect of LCA and sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face or via webinar. We encourage everyone to attend the introductory module, before attending the detailed modules.
Course leaders include:
Module 3 - Materials Life Cycle Impacts
A buildings impact over its whole lifetime is a complex interaction of embodied and operational impacts. Understand how to conduct a whole of building Life Cycle Assessment through review of case studies, examination of the steps involved and review of the key challenges you are likely to face. Get detailed insight in to how LCA can help you to optimise your design for best performance of the lifetime of your building.
Who should attend?
Architects, designers and engineers.
- Understand whole of building LCA and how it is incorporated in the Materials Life Cycle Impacts credit
- Understand the steps required and the common challenges faced in carrying out a whole of building LCA
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 25/09/2014
- LCA - Product Transparency 03/11/201
- LCA - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy 03/12/2014
Other LCA webinar modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 29/09/2014
- LCA - Product Transparency and Sustainability (Part 1 07/11/2014, Part 2 11/11/2014)
- LCA - Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts(Part 1 17/11/2014, Part 2 21/11/14)
- LCA - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy (Part 1 2/12/2014, Part 2 4/12/14)
|Member module 3||$425|
|Non Member module 3||$550|
|Member package (all four face to face courses)||$1300|
|Non Member package (all four face to face courses)||$1800|
- Member /
- Non-Member /
WhenFri 14 Nov 2014 9:00am - 12:00pm
Course: 9:00 am - 12:00pm
Level 15, 179 Elizabeth Street,