Green Building Council of Australia’s contribution to World Green Building Council Collective Commitment for COP21 Paris
WorldGBC Collective Commitment: A declaration that all GBCs and their members can sign up to.
We, the WorldGBC, the largest global coordinated effort of the green building sector, commit to mobilising a global market transformation in order to advance by 2030 and achieve by 2050, two fundamental goals:
1. Net Zero carbon new building
2. Energy efficiency and deep refurbishment of existing stock
The Green Building Council of Australia adds its name to this global commitment.
- Value Chain Transformation
In 2016, the GBCA will introduce a label for buildings, fitouts, and communities recognising NetZero achievements for energy, carbon, and water. The label will also recognise those that go beyond net zero and make positive contributions to, for example, generating more renewable energy than what is used. Alongside this label, we will introduce an advanced curriculum to educate professionals on how to deliver net zero buildings, promote net zero as an achievable goal in our events, and create resources that can be used internationally to drive the uptake of net zero building worldwide.
- Government Policy and Strategy
The GBCA is committed to working with local, state and federal governments to develop policies and initiatives that will lead to greener buildings, sustainable communities and productive cities. This includes partnering with key industry bodies to:
- Create a mid-tier commercial office pathway to eliminate barriers to improving energy efficiency in existing buildings.
- Promote a pathway to maximize the use of renewable energy use in buildings.
- Work to improve regulations to increase the energy efficiency requirements in the building code of Australia.
- Create a minimum standard that addresses additional water, waste, and health provisions that can be used by local authorities to mandate minimum sustainability compliance by all buildings.
In This Section
- Green Building Council of Australia’s contribution to World Green Building Council Collective Commitment for COP21 ParisMon 23 Nov 2015
- US Center for Green Schools releases 'Best Green Schools of 2011'Thu 15 Nov 2012
- Australian Green Building Industry ShowcaseMon 31 Oct 2011
- Presentation: Green Buildings In The New Green Economy, Toronto, October 2011Wed 5 Oct 2011
- International leadershipWed 5 Oct 2011
- Australian green building mission to Canada - September & October 2011Mon 11 Jul 2011
- Minister Rudd notes importance of GBCA / ChinaGBC collaborationTue 31 May 2011
- GBCA starts ChinaGBC on a journey of a thousand milesThu 16 Aug 2012
- Shift to green gathering pace in ChinaThu 26 May 2011
- China GBC International Corporate Membership SchemeMon 23 May 2011