Stockland rated top Property company globally by Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Stockland has been recognised as the most sustainable property company in the world in the 2011/2012 Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI).
The DJSI evaluates the performance of companies by analysing environmental and social performance, and assessing categories including corporate governance, risk management, climate change mitigation and stakeholder engagement.
Stockland recorded a total score of 90, rating it the highest among property (Real Estate) companies across the globe, with the average score in the Real Estate DJSI World being 63.
Stockland Managing Director Matthew Quinn said: "Stockland has been a member of the DJSI for the past four years. Recognition of Stockland as a global leader reflects our commitment to embedding environmental and social sustainability practices.
"Some of the categories where Stockland scored highest among its global competitors included Social Integration, Environmental Policy and Reporting, Risk Management, and Standards for Suppliers," Mr Quinn said.
Investors use the DJSI to help them choose companies which proactively manage their impact on the environment and promote social responsibility.
"Sustainability is the right thing to do and makes good business sense, creating value for Stockland and our communities," Mr Quinn added.
"We will continue to drive efficiencies and innovation in this area, delivering
developments such as our re-designed Stockland Forster, which recently achieved Australia's first 6 Star Retail NABERS Energy rating. Since 2006 Stockland has reduced greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 38% across its office portfolio and by 18% across its retail portfolio.
"Stockland is committed to creating better ways for people to live and leaving the environment that they enjoy in great shape for future generations."
In This Section
- Environment the Big Winner at this Year’s NAWIC AwardsMon 13 Feb 2017
- Political and industry leaders discuss WA's futureMon 27 Jul 2015
- Western Sydney redevelopment, Stockland Wetherill Park, awarded 5 Star Green Star ratingTue 21 Jul 2015
- First 6 Star Green Star rating for AustralandMon 27 Apr 2015
- Energy Performance Contracting – ‘Five steps to success’Wed 3 Dec 2014
- International recognition for GECA productsTue 18 Nov 2014
- BBP Consultation – Operational Waste GuidelinesThu 23 Oct 2014
- Australian leaders in energy retrofits of commercial buildings now certifiedMon 18 Aug 2014
- GBCA certification for one of the world's most sustainble business addressesThu 22 May 2014
- First UQ building awarded prestigious Green Star ratingWed 21 May 2014