WSP Built Ecology has Reached 40 Green Star certified projects
With the introduction of 2012, WSP Built Ecology has certified 40 Green Star® projects. The milestone was achieved with the award of 500 Bourke Street, Melbourne Office As-Built v2 rating. Owned by ISPT and with Lend Lease as the Head Contractor, the project commenced in 2007 and was completed in late 2011 This rating compliments the 4.0 star NABERS Base Building rating the building achieved late last year, raising the energy performance from an un-rateable building with the equivalence of zero star performance.
WSP Built Ecology have achieved a 100% success with targeted ratings and even increased some ratings without increases to committed budgets, a testament to the fact that we as an organisation use Green Star as a benchmarking tool rather than a design tool.
Some notable buildings to have achieve ratings include:
- Council House 2 – 6 Star Green Star – Office Design v1 and Office As-Built v1
- 1 Shelley St, Macquarie Bank HQ - 6 Star Green Star Office Design and As-Built v2
- Melbourne Convention Centre – 6 Star Green Star - Convention Centre PILOT
- Sydney Water HQ – 5 Star Green Star Office Design v2 and Office As-Built v2 and 5 Star Green Star Interiors v1.1
“This achievement is truly remarkable and would like to thank all members within our services, Vision Design and WSP Built Ecology teams who have contributed to the designs and rating documentation over the past 8 years.” – David Jarratt, Director of WSP Built Ecology
David added, “ WSP Built Ecology have engaged our first staff member to co-ordinate Green Star and LEED submissions to complement our High Performance Design consulting service, this service will be to assist coordinating our current Green Star submissions of which we have approximately 35 Green Star projects committed over the next 2 years.”
Should you wish to explore the benefits of high performance design and it’s benefits in obtaining cost effective Green Star and NABERS ratings, don’t hesitate to contact David Jarratt, Director of WSP Built Ecology on 0437 011 322.
In This Section
- National Energy Efficient Building Project (NEEBP) WorkshopsFri 22 Nov 2013
- Green Thinking with BlueScopeWed 20 Nov 2013
- Buildings Plan for a Zero Carbon AustraliaMon 11 Nov 2013
- FuturArc Prize and Green Leadership Award submissions now openWed 2 Oct 2013
- McGraw-Hill BIM adoption and implementation surveyTue 1 Oct 2013
- The Future of Electricity Supply in Australia - CIBSE eventThu 26 Sep 2013
- Countdown is on till the International Symposium for Next Generation InfrastructureWed 18 Sep 2013
- Participate in creating a world-first sustainability stewardship programFri 13 Sep 2013
- Australian Cleantech Comp finalists announcedThu 5 Sep 2013
- The Corporate Environmental & Sustainability Governance Survey 2012Mon 2 Sep 2013