NZGBC launches Homestar
Homestar.org.nz is now live. Minister for Building and Construction Maurice Williamson launched the tool and discussed the integral role it will play in improving knowledge about home performance in New Zealand. Minister Williamson's speech was followed by presentations from Alex Cutler, Chris Ellis of Fletcher Building and Alistair Helm, CEO of Realestate.co.nz, which has endorsed Homestar.org.nz by integrating ratings into its website.
The tool has so far achieved some excellent mainstream media coverage. This coverage has driven more than 5,500 people to Homestar.org already and made it one of New Zealand's most visited websites this week with a total of over 55,000 page views. More than 2,000 people have already completed the online assessment, which is an amazing response in such a short time.
Homestar Media Coverage
Homestar demonstration video
TVNZ: One News (8 Nov 2010)
National Radio: Nine to Noon with Kathryn Ryan: New benchmark energy efficiency for homes.
TVNZ: Breakfast (9 Nov 2010)
TV3 News online: Homestar could affect property values (9 Nov 2010)
TV3 news at 6 (8 Nov 2010)
NZ Herald: New Energy Rating System for Homes (9 Nov 2010)
Dominion Post: Online Scheme to rate Energy Efficiency (9 Nov 2010)
For more information about Homestar, vist www.homestar.org.nz
In This Section
- Celebrating 25 Years of Women, Management and WorkWed 19 Jun 2013
- Entries open for Victorian Premier’s Sustainability AwardsTue 18 Jun 2013
- Australia Award for Urban Design Gala DinnerMon 17 Jun 2013
- Have your say on the future of NSWTue 11 Jun 2013
- Sydney as a Global Talent Hub: SurveyTue 11 Jun 2013
- Sustainable Building Alliance: Green ImpactThu 6 Jun 2013
- Entries open for the Victorian Premier's Sustainability Awards 2013Wed 5 Jun 2013
- Climate change adaptation in the boardroomThu 30 May 2013
- Submissions now open for Australian Cleantech CompetitionWed 15 May 2013
- Adelaide organisations sought for input into workplace studyMon 13 May 2013