New owners for Sustainable Living Fabrics
After seven years as environmental leaders, showing the world that genuine, transparent environmental credentials are a viable and successful business strategy, Bill and Kay Jones have sold Sustainable Living Fabrics and are retiring.
Kay, Bill and Emily Jones transformed Sustainable Living Fabrics from an everyday operation to a company driven by a strategy of environmental principles as the core business philosophy. Their insistence on credible environmental certification created an awareness of sustainable product that continues to drive change and set benchmarks for sustainability.
Sustainable Living Fabrics was one of the first members of the GBCA, and continues to embrace Green Star, recognising the contribution GBCA is making to driving widespread environmental progress. The company was one of the first in Australia to commit to the Global Compact and has actively engaged in international meetings on climate change.
Kay and Bill’s leadership, commitment and drive to make real environmental change happen will be missed. We wish them well in their new life as, in their own words, beach bums.
Bill and Kay were ahead of the times and created a business and a brand that has gone from strength to strength and driven environmental change. Emily will build on their work with Sustainable Living Fabrics as it continues its journey under the direction of its new owners Liz Miles and Alistair Fulton who are committed to genuine sustainability as a core business strategy.
In This Section
- Celebrating 25 Years of Women, Management and WorkWed 19 Jun 2013
- Entries open for Victorian Premier’s Sustainability AwardsTue 18 Jun 2013
- Australia Award for Urban Design Gala DinnerMon 17 Jun 2013
- Have your say on the future of NSWTue 11 Jun 2013
- Sydney as a Global Talent Hub: SurveyTue 11 Jun 2013
- Sustainable Building Alliance: Green ImpactThu 6 Jun 2013
- Entries open for the Victorian Premier's Sustainability Awards 2013Wed 5 Jun 2013
- Climate change adaptation in the boardroomThu 30 May 2013
- Submissions now open for Australian Cleantech CompetitionWed 15 May 2013
- Adelaide organisations sought for input into workplace studyMon 13 May 2013