New Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme
The Energy Efficiency Council has launched the Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme, a professional certification scheme for the individuals that lead and manage comprehensive energy retrofits of commercial buildings.
The Scheme is operated by the Energy Efficiency Council on behalf of the sector and will:
- identify industry leaders in the delivery of comprehensive energy retrofits of commercial buildings
- provide a benchmark for aspiring energy efficiency professionals that wish to develop their skills and
- enable commercial building owners and managers to identify industry professionals with the right expertise
Individuals who have experience working as part of project teams that implement energy efficiency retrofits of commercial buildings can become a Certified Energy Efficiency Specialist (CEES) which demonstrates:
- their ability to contribute to effective integrated building energy retrofits as part of a project team, and
- that they have the knowledge necessary to lead and manage integrated building energy retrofits.
Generous application subsidies available in Round One
The Australian Government has provided a generous subsidy for certification applications received in Round One. This subsidy is available to the first 40 applicants that meet the pre-requisites for certification. In addition to the Australian Government subsidy, candidates that submit their applications by 31 January 2014 will receive an additional early bird discount.
Limited places available in Round One
There are only 40 assessment places available in Round One. Secure your place in Round One by registering and applying early.
In This Section
- Environment the Big Winner at this Year’s NAWIC AwardsMon 13 Feb 2017
- Political and industry leaders discuss WA's futureMon 27 Jul 2015
- Western Sydney redevelopment, Stockland Wetherill Park, awarded 5 Star Green Star ratingTue 21 Jul 2015
- First 6 Star Green Star rating for AustralandMon 27 Apr 2015
- Energy Performance Contracting – ‘Five steps to success’Wed 3 Dec 2014
- International recognition for GECA productsTue 18 Nov 2014
- BBP Consultation – Operational Waste GuidelinesThu 23 Oct 2014
- Australian leaders in energy retrofits of commercial buildings now certifiedMon 18 Aug 2014
- GBCA certification for one of the world's most sustainble business addressesThu 22 May 2014
- First UQ building awarded prestigious Green Star ratingWed 21 May 2014