Melbourne Forum on the Demand for Green Buildings
Despite it being a windy night in Melbourne, over 100 property and construction professionals attended the latest Melbourne Forum on the "Demand for Green Buildings" held on the 30th of August 2005. Attracted by the calibre of the programmed speakers: Daniel Grollo, Joint Managing Director, Grocon; Roger Kluske, Manager Sustainability, Victorian Property Group and Tom Cantwell, Partner, Phillips Fox and chaired by Maria Atkinson, Executive Director of the Green Building Council of Australia, the attendees were rewarded by three uniquely different and fresh views on how the government and industry is responding to the move towards a sustainable property industry. Issues discussed included the direction of development, the new Victorian Government Office Accommodation Guidelines June 2005 and the issues and challenges facing "Green Leases".
The continuing success of the Melbourne Forum, promoting commercial green building discussions, is a credit to the Melbourne Forum partners - Green Building Council of Australia, Building Commission of Victoria, City of Melbourne and the Sustainable Energy Authority of Victoria and their commitment to leadership and education of the Property and Construction Industry.
Left to right: Geoff Lawler, City of Melbourne; Maria Atkinson, Green Building Council Australia; Tom Cantwell, Phillips Fox; Rob Enker, Building Commission (Vic); Roger Kluske, Victorian Property Group.
In This Section
- Celebrating 25 Years of Women, Management and WorkThu 16 May 2013
- Submissions now open for Australian Cleantech CompetitionWed 15 May 2013
- Adelaide organisations sought for input into workplace studyMon 13 May 2013
- 2013 Sydney Architecture Festival: 1-10 NovemberThu 2 May 2013
- Tenix awarded Australia’s first Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) ratingMon 22 Apr 2013
- Plundering...for the environment’s sakeThu 18 Apr 2013
- Pixel on the marketThu 2 May 2013
- Stockland research confirms Green Star liveability visionWed 17 Apr 2013
- Illawarra students retrofitting for the future at the Solar Decathlon China 2013Tue 16 Apr 2013
- United Nations Association of Australia (VIC) Corporate Water Valuation Sustainability Leadership SeminarTue 16 Apr 2013