Hassell leading the team for new GBCA Melbourne Office
The Green Building Council of Australia wants to thank the many members who expressed an interest in the design and fit out of the new Melbourne Offices on level 17, 500 Collins St. Nearly 30 Expressions of Interest were received.
After assessing all the offers, we have engaged a team led by Hassell for the design of the office space. This team currently includes Umow Lai & Associates; Connell Wagner and; Philip Chun & Associates. Hassell is in negotiation with a number of other contractors and suppliers to round out this team.
The Melbourne Office will exemplify a standard of Australian Excellence. At only 140 square meters in size, this project will demonstrate the feasibility of creating high quality, environmentally sustainable design and fit out in small projects. The Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 tool will provide guidance in achieving this level of excellence in green building design.
We are anticipating the new office to be ready for occupancy by early October.
If you are interested in offering your services in this project, please forward your details in writing care of Suzette Jackson to Hassell:
Melbourne studio 61 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
In This Section
- Australian leaders in energy retrofits of commercial buildings now certifiedMon 18 Aug 2014
- GBCA certification for one of the world's most sustainble business addressesThu 22 May 2014
- First UQ building awarded prestigious Green Star ratingWed 21 May 2014
- BEMP 2014 - Productivity by DesignTue 6 May 2014
- Consult Australia launches The Business of SustainabilityWed 30 Apr 2014
- Green Building Awards Gain MomentumWed 23 Apr 2014
- Environment the Big Winner at this Year’s NAWIC AwardsTue 15 Apr 2014
- Global project to boost business case for health and productivity benefits of green buildingsTue 4 Mar 2014
- Pragmatic sustainability without the 'eco-bling'Wed 18 Dec 2013
- New Energy Efficiency Certification SchemeWed 18 Dec 2013