Hassell leading the team for new GBCA Melbourne Office
The Green Building Council of Australia wants to thank the many members who expressed an interest in the design and fit out of the new Melbourne Offices on level 17, 500 Collins St. Nearly 30 Expressions of Interest were received.
After assessing all the offers, we have engaged a team led by Hassell for the design of the office space. This team currently includes Umow Lai & Associates; Connell Wagner and; Philip Chun & Associates. Hassell is in negotiation with a number of other contractors and suppliers to round out this team.
The Melbourne Office will exemplify a standard of Australian Excellence. At only 140 square meters in size, this project will demonstrate the feasibility of creating high quality, environmentally sustainable design and fit out in small projects. The Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 tool will provide guidance in achieving this level of excellence in green building design.
We are anticipating the new office to be ready for occupancy by early October.
If you are interested in offering your services in this project, please forward your details in writing care of Suzette Jackson to Hassell:
Melbourne studio 61 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
In This Section
- Environment the Big Winner at this Year’s NAWIC AwardsTue 15 Apr 2014
- Built Environment Meets Parliament 2014Mon 14 Apr 2014
- Global project to boost business case for health and productivity benefits of green buildingsTue 4 Mar 2014
- Pragmatic sustainability without the 'eco-bling'Wed 18 Dec 2013
- New Energy Efficiency Certification SchemeWed 18 Dec 2013
- National Energy Efficient Building Project (NEEBP) WorkshopsFri 22 Nov 2013
- Green Thinking with BlueScopeWed 20 Nov 2013
- Buildings Plan for a Zero Carbon AustraliaMon 11 Nov 2013
- FuturArc Prize and Green Leadership Award submissions now openWed 2 Oct 2013
- McGraw-Hill BIM adoption and implementation surveyTue 1 Oct 2013