BBP Consultation – Operational Waste Guidelines
Over the past 16 months, the Better Buildings Partnership (BBP) has focused on the opportunities from better management, measurement and outcomes for operational waste. As a result, the Partnership has created Operational Waste Guidelines to promote the continuous improvement in the management of waste from commercial buildings’ operations.
These Guidelines are designed to improve the management of waste from commercial building operations with a variety of tools:
- Model procurement clauses for waste services, clear roles/responsibilities and KPIs
- Template collection streams (with reporting hierarchies for benchmarking services)
- Updated industry densities for materials
- Template waste management plans with contamination, facility recovery rates, and outcomes-based reporting adjustments
- An innovative new data integrity protocol, to transparently grade the quality of data for meaningful inter-building benchmarking
Developed in collaboration with the industry, the BBP is now seeking broader industry feedback.
Consultation is open until COB 7 November.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the Guidelines, please contact Esther Bailey from the BBP.
About the Better Buildings Partnership
The BBP is a collaboration of Sydney's leading institutional and private landlords and the City of Sydney, represents more than half of the commercial office space in the Sydney CBD. Since the Partnership launched in June 2011, the initiative has played a key role in facilitating a number of Sustainable Sydney 2030 initiatives and continues to work towards improving the overall sustainability performance of our existing buildings.
In This Section
- Environment the Big Winner at this Year’s NAWIC AwardsMon 13 Feb 2017
- Political and industry leaders discuss WA's futureMon 27 Jul 2015
- Western Sydney redevelopment, Stockland Wetherill Park, awarded 5 Star Green Star ratingTue 21 Jul 2015
- First 6 Star Green Star rating for AustralandMon 27 Apr 2015
- Energy Performance Contracting – ‘Five steps to success’Wed 3 Dec 2014
- International recognition for GECA productsTue 18 Nov 2014
- BBP Consultation – Operational Waste GuidelinesThu 23 Oct 2014
- Australian leaders in energy retrofits of commercial buildings now certifiedMon 18 Aug 2014
- GBCA certification for one of the world's most sustainble business addressesThu 22 May 2014
- First UQ building awarded prestigious Green Star ratingWed 21 May 2014