Green Star News - October 2015
Nominations for two Green Star Advisory Groups are now open
We're looking for leaders with a strong influence in the property industry and experience advocating for sustainability in the built environment to join either our ‘Experience & Skills Advisory Group', or our ‘Market & Industry Advisory Group' .
The role of both groups is to support to GBCA staff and the Green Star Steering Committee in developing appropriate guidance and direction for current and future rating tools and other initiatives.
- The ‘Experience & Skills’ Advisory Group has been created to assist in ensuring the Green Star rating system and Accreditation Program are easy to use, understood throughout the supply chain, and delivering their desired outcomes.
- The ‘Market & Industry Advisory Group’ has been created to assist in ensuring that Green Star rating system, marketing, and services responds to market needs in a relevant and customer-centric manner.
Find out more here
The key benefits of Green Star – Design & As Built
Consultant, Paul Davy from dsquared recently secured the first Green Star – Design & As Built Design Review certification for 185 Pirie Street. Take a behind the scenes look at the submission and results.
- This is a sample submission for a Design Review based on the Pirie Street submission and cannot be reused by project teams.
- All the Submission Templates have been included. Supporting documentation has not been included, but it has been clearly referenced in the Submission Templates.
- The results presented are also a sample only, based on the Pirie St submission (sample only, not to be reused by project teams).
Updated calculators and calculator guides
We're updating resources for the Green Star – Design & As Built rating tool to help you do your job better. The Ecological Value calculator has recently been updated to ensure outputs are fair and robust. See the Discussion tab within the calculator for all the details.
Update to Innovation Challenges
Based on the rapid uptake of Innovation Challenges to date and feedback received from project teams, a review of the Innovation Challenges process recently took place. In October 2015, the ‘Innovation Challenges Handbook’ was released to improve the experience of celebrating a project's innovation with Green Star. Key changes include:
- The introduction of four new Innovation Challenges, bringing the total number of Innovation Challenges to 16.
- Additional guidance around Compliance and Documentation Requirements for existing Innovation Challenges, thereby removing the need for project teams to submit queries to the GBCA in order to target them.
This Handbook is the one-stop-shop for understanding all you need to 'take the Challenge'. For full details, please see here.
Are you aiming to achieve Green Star certification for your project in 2015? We understand that many project teams have timelines set around major events. To support this, we’ve created the table below (based on typical time frames), which specify the deadlines you’ll need to meet in order to have your project certified by these dates.
Regardless of when a deadline occurs, all project teams hoping to achieve certification by a certain date should inform the GBCA of their specific needs. We will make every effort to accommodate reasonable requests, subject to capacity.
Please note that GBCA will be closed from 24 December 2015 and reopen on 4 January 2016.
Legacy rating tools
To register your project, please go to our website.
In This Section
- Green Star News - December 2015Fri 18 Dec 2015
- Green Star News - November 2015Thu 19 Nov 2015
- Green Star News - October 2015Fri 30 Oct 2015
- Green Star News - September 2015Mon 21 Sep 2015
- Green Star News - August 2015Fri 21 Aug 2015
- Green Star News - July 2015Fri 17 Jul 2015
- Green Star News - JuneWed 8 Jul 2015
- Green Star News – MayThu 14 May 2015
- Green Star News - AprilThu 16 Apr 2015
- Green Star News – MarchTue 24 Mar 2015