Good Environmental Choice Australia announces New Board of Directors
Good Environmental Choice Australia has welcomed seven new directors to expand their Board. The new directors add a broad range of talent and expertise from diverse industry and professional backgrounds. GECA also welcomes Edward Warcaba from Interfaceflor as the new Chairman.
Edward was elected Chairman by the new Board after GECA's recent AGM. Under Edward's stewardship, the Board is focussing on reviewing and enhancing corporate governance, business systems, and resources to manage the stronger demand for ecolabelling.
In a rapidly changing context where new ecolabelling programs are emerging and the requirements of building rating tools evolve, GECA is working to strengthen its position as the leading ecolabelling body in Australia. We will continue to develop product standards, provide green procurement initiatives and increase our marketing, while adding value to the members.
Our expanded Board includes:
Mr. Ed Warcaba - GECA Chairman, Sustainability Manager - Interfaceflor
Ms Bobby Ali-Khan, National Strategic Development Manager - Cavalier Bremworth Pty Ltd
Mr. Nick Capobianco, Consultant - Green Marketing Concepts
Mr Robert Frazer, Managing Director - Innvotech Pty Ltd
Mr Bill Jones, Managing Director - Sustainable Living Fabrics Pty Ltd
Mr Petar Johnson, Managing Director - Environmental Assurance Pty Ltd
Mr Jack Josephson, Managing Director - National Maintenance Products Pty Ltd
Ms Suzanne Little, Board Member - Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority
Mr Gregory Lloyd, Managing Director - Stairlock International Pty Ltd
Mr Glen Norris, General Manager Sales & Marketing - CSM Storage & Filing Solutions Pty Ltd
Ms Katie Patrick, CEO - Green Pages Australia Pty Ltd
Mr James Porteous, Managing Editor - ECOS Magazine (CSIRO Publishing)
We would also like to extend our thanks to the Founder and out-going Chairman, Mr. Petar Johnson for his vision and efforts in establishing and managing the ecolabelling program over the last six years.
Details about our new Board directors can be seen on our website: www.geca.org.au
In This Section
- Celebrating 25 Years of Women, Management and WorkThu 16 May 2013
- Submissions now open for Australian Cleantech CompetitionWed 15 May 2013
- Adelaide organisations sought for input into workplace studyMon 13 May 2013
- 2013 Sydney Architecture Festival: 1-10 NovemberThu 2 May 2013
- Tenix awarded Australia’s first Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) ratingMon 22 Apr 2013
- Plundering...for the environment’s sakeThu 18 Apr 2013
- Pixel on the marketThu 2 May 2013
- Stockland research confirms Green Star liveability visionWed 17 Apr 2013
- Illawarra students retrofitting for the future at the Solar Decathlon China 2013Tue 16 Apr 2013
- United Nations Association of Australia (VIC) Corporate Water Valuation Sustainability Leadership SeminarTue 16 Apr 2013