The Hon Mike Rann announced as incoming Chair of Low Carbon Australia
Federal Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Greg Combet has announced the appointment of former South Australian Premier, The Hon Mike Rann CNZM to the Board of Low Carbon Australia Limited.
Low Carbon Australia works collaboratively with business and public sector organisations, to develop, co-design and co-deliver energy efficiency finance solutions in order to facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
Low Carbon Australia’s Chief Executive, Meg McDonald has welcomed Mr Rann’s appointment as Chair of the organisation’s Board, saying “Mr Rann brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our organisation at a time when we are ramping up deployment of our energy efficiency financing in the market.”
Mr Rann was a strong advocate for built environment sustainability during his time as South Australian Premier, and can be counted among the world’s first Ministers for Sustainability and Climate Change. He was also appointed in early 2012 to the International Leadership Council of the Climate Group, by former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
“Mike Rann has been a long term advocate for environmentally and socially sustainable policy and has shown visionary leadership, both during his time as South Australian Premier and through his involvement in organisations such as the Climate Group,” says GBCA Executive Director – Advocacy & Business Services, Robin Mellon.
“The GBCA congratulates Mr Rann on his appointment, and we look forward to continued collaboration with Low Carbon Australia, with Mike as Chair,” Mr Mellon concludes.
Mike Rann will be sharing his thoughts on Australia’s sustainable future and funding for green building upgrades in the July edition of GBCA’s Green Building Voice.
In This Section
- A word from Rom - Rewriting the rulesFri 17 Jul 2015
- A word from Rom - Heroes who change your life and the world as wellWed 17 Jun 2015
- Adelaide’s newest office gets the Green Star tick of approvalWed 15 Jul 2015
- Australia Post Headquarters goes green for World Environment DayWed 15 Jul 2015
- Strong support of good planning rewardedWed 17 Jun 2015
- A word from Rom - Targeting renewable energyTue 16 Jun 2015
- Global study connects levels of employee productivity and well-being to office designWed 13 May 2015
- Price check on sustainabilityWed 13 May 2015
- A word from Rom - A thing of beauty is a joy foreverThu 16 Apr 2015
- A word from RomMon 30 Mar 2015