The Hon Mike Rann announced as incoming Chair of Low Carbon Australia
Federal Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Greg Combet has announced the appointment of former South Australian Premier, The Hon Mike Rann CNZM to the Board of Low Carbon Australia Limited.
Low Carbon Australia works collaboratively with business and public sector organisations, to develop, co-design and co-deliver energy efficiency finance solutions in order to facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
Low Carbon Australia’s Chief Executive, Meg McDonald has welcomed Mr Rann’s appointment as Chair of the organisation’s Board, saying “Mr Rann brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our organisation at a time when we are ramping up deployment of our energy efficiency financing in the market.”
Mr Rann was a strong advocate for built environment sustainability during his time as South Australian Premier, and can be counted among the world’s first Ministers for Sustainability and Climate Change. He was also appointed in early 2012 to the International Leadership Council of the Climate Group, by former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
“Mike Rann has been a long term advocate for environmentally and socially sustainable policy and has shown visionary leadership, both during his time as South Australian Premier and through his involvement in organisations such as the Climate Group,” says GBCA Executive Director – Advocacy & Business Services, Robin Mellon.
“The GBCA congratulates Mr Rann on his appointment, and we look forward to continued collaboration with Low Carbon Australia, with Mike as Chair,” Mr Mellon concludes.
Mike Rann will be sharing his thoughts on Australia’s sustainable future and funding for green building upgrades in the July edition of GBCA’s Green Building Voice.
In This Section
- The value of sustainability by Romilly MadewWed 16 Apr 2014
- Putting People First by Romilly MadewWed 26 Mar 2014
- New leadership for GroconWed 26 Mar 2014
- Update to best practice guidelines for PVCThu 13 Mar 2014
- Sustainable steel in the spotlightTue 11 Mar 2014
- From grey to greenThu 20 Feb 2014
- This changes everythingWed 19 Feb 2014
- Emissions Reduction Fund Green Paper releasedWed 19 Feb 2014
- Sustainable Suburbia?Fri 24 Jan 2014
- EcoDistricts - revitalising cities from the neighbourhood upTue 21 Jan 2014