The Hon Mike Rann announced as incoming Chair of Low Carbon Australia
Federal Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Greg Combet has announced the appointment of former South Australian Premier, The Hon Mike Rann CNZM to the Board of Low Carbon Australia Limited.
Low Carbon Australia works collaboratively with business and public sector organisations, to develop, co-design and co-deliver energy efficiency finance solutions in order to facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
Low Carbon Australia’s Chief Executive, Meg McDonald has welcomed Mr Rann’s appointment as Chair of the organisation’s Board, saying “Mr Rann brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our organisation at a time when we are ramping up deployment of our energy efficiency financing in the market.”
Mr Rann was a strong advocate for built environment sustainability during his time as South Australian Premier, and can be counted among the world’s first Ministers for Sustainability and Climate Change. He was also appointed in early 2012 to the International Leadership Council of the Climate Group, by former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
“Mike Rann has been a long term advocate for environmentally and socially sustainable policy and has shown visionary leadership, both during his time as South Australian Premier and through his involvement in organisations such as the Climate Group,” says GBCA Executive Director – Advocacy & Business Services, Robin Mellon.
“The GBCA congratulates Mr Rann on his appointment, and we look forward to continued collaboration with Low Carbon Australia, with Mike as Chair,” Mr Mellon concludes.
Mike Rann will be sharing his thoughts on Australia’s sustainable future and funding for green building upgrades in the July edition of GBCA’s Green Building Voice.
In This Section
- Can Queensland be a stronger, more sustainable state? The answers are in.Fri 27 Feb 2015
- A word from Rom - Creating connected citiesWed 18 Feb 2015
- Host a GBCA Member EveningTue 17 Feb 2015
- A word from Rom - Does size matter?Wed 21 Jan 2015
- Advocacy 2014 winsTue 20 Jan 2015
- Leading the way in 2014Thu 18 Dec 2014
- Expression of Interest for GBCA State Industry GroupsThu 20 Nov 2014
- Celebrating our unsung heroesWed 19 Nov 2014
- Talk around the GreenHouse - Products, Proof and ProvenanceMon 20 Oct 2014
- Moving towards sustainable homesThu 16 Oct 2014