The Hon Mike Rann announced as incoming Chair of Low Carbon Australia
Federal Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Greg Combet has announced the appointment of former South Australian Premier, The Hon Mike Rann CNZM to the Board of Low Carbon Australia Limited.
Low Carbon Australia works collaboratively with business and public sector organisations, to develop, co-design and co-deliver energy efficiency finance solutions in order to facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
Low Carbon Australia’s Chief Executive, Meg McDonald has welcomed Mr Rann’s appointment as Chair of the organisation’s Board, saying “Mr Rann brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our organisation at a time when we are ramping up deployment of our energy efficiency financing in the market.”
Mr Rann was a strong advocate for built environment sustainability during his time as South Australian Premier, and can be counted among the world’s first Ministers for Sustainability and Climate Change. He was also appointed in early 2012 to the International Leadership Council of the Climate Group, by former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
“Mike Rann has been a long term advocate for environmentally and socially sustainable policy and has shown visionary leadership, both during his time as South Australian Premier and through his involvement in organisations such as the Climate Group,” says GBCA Executive Director – Advocacy & Business Services, Robin Mellon.
“The GBCA congratulates Mr Rann on his appointment, and we look forward to continued collaboration with Low Carbon Australia, with Mike as Chair,” Mr Mellon concludes.
Mike Rann will be sharing his thoughts on Australia’s sustainable future and funding for green building upgrades in the July edition of GBCA’s Green Building Voice.
In This Section
- Can you really predict the future?Tue 22 Jul 2014
- Building Next generation health care - now. Gyprock EC08 is connecting sustainability with health.Wed 16 Jul 2014
- CCN Live is back and GBCA members SAVE 33%Tue 15 Jul 2014
- Sustainable places for everyone - not just the lucky fewFri 27 Jun 2014
- Sustainable buildings that stand the test of timeWed 18 Jun 2014
- Industry collaborates on new Green Star rulesThu 5 Jun 2014
- Green Star: Creating sustainable places for everyoneTue 3 Jun 2014
- Statement on Green Star Design & As BuiltTue 3 Jun 2014
- Walk this wayWed 21 May 2014
- Green ThinkingTue 20 May 2014