Skills for Sustainability
This year, as we inch ever closer to the magical ‘500 Green Star certifications’, we have introduced substantial changes to the way we deliver our Green Star education.
As the skills required to deliver Green Star projects become increasingly specialised, it’s vital that the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program keeps pace with our rapidly evolving industry.
We have listened to your feedback over the past year, and have introduced a new-look CPD program to increase the value of Green Star qualifications.
From 1 September 2012 we’ll be introducing a streamed approach to Green Star qualifications and education delivery. Over time, the current Green Star CPD program will be expanded to include a total of five qualifications:
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Design and As Built (formerly GSAP)
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Communities
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Interiors (coming with the launch of Green Star – Interiors PILOT rating tool in late 2012)
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Performance (coming with the launch of Green Star - Performance PILOT rating tool in early 2013)
- Green Star Associate
Each accredited professional stream will have pre-requisites, including a tailored Foundation Course and eligibility criteria, and each stream’s course content will focus on the development of specialised Green Star skills.
We’ll also be changing the CPD enrolment period to an annual renewal date that coincides with the beginning of the financial year.
Most exciting of all, we are introducing a new online learning platform to deliver Green Star learning resources on demand. Short video presentations will enable CPD participants to access useful information, enhance their Green Star knowledge, and earn CPD points in their own time, at their own pace.
For more information on how the new CPD structure will benefit your career, visit the Green Star Qualifications section of our website.
In This Section
- GBCA supports Pollinate Energy's Young Professionals ProgramWed 19 Jun 2013
- Delivering the next generation of Green Star rating toolsWed 19 Jun 2013
- New high-performance team for GBCATue 18 Jun 2013
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionTue 18 Jun 2013
- Green Star: A decade of environmental benefitsFri 7 Jun 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013