Skills for Sustainability
This year, as we inch ever closer to the magical ‘500 Green Star certifications’, we have introduced substantial changes to the way we deliver our Green Star education.
As the skills required to deliver Green Star projects become increasingly specialised, it’s vital that the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program keeps pace with our rapidly evolving industry.
We have listened to your feedback over the past year, and have introduced a new-look CPD program to increase the value of Green Star qualifications.
From 1 September 2012 we’ll be introducing a streamed approach to Green Star qualifications and education delivery. Over time, the current Green Star CPD program will be expanded to include a total of five qualifications:
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Design and As Built (formerly GSAP)
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Communities
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Interiors (coming with the launch of Green Star – Interiors PILOT rating tool in late 2012)
- Green Star Accredited Professional – Performance (coming with the launch of Green Star - Performance PILOT rating tool in early 2013)
- Green Star Associate
Each accredited professional stream will have pre-requisites, including a tailored Foundation Course and eligibility criteria, and each stream’s course content will focus on the development of specialised Green Star skills.
We’ll also be changing the CPD enrolment period to an annual renewal date that coincides with the beginning of the financial year.
Most exciting of all, we are introducing a new online learning platform to deliver Green Star learning resources on demand. Short video presentations will enable CPD participants to access useful information, enhance their Green Star knowledge, and earn CPD points in their own time, at their own pace.
For more information on how the new CPD structure will benefit your career, visit the Green Star Qualifications section of our website.
In This Section
- Accountability through transparencyTue 26 Nov 2013
- Rising star of Green StarFri 15 Nov 2013
- Meet our first GSAP - PerformanceFri 15 Nov 2013
- Cleaning products and VOC requirements now recognisedFri 15 Nov 2013
- GBCA trade delegation to India: express your interestThu 24 Oct 2013
- Celebrating our successesThu 24 Oct 2013
- New government, new opportunities for changeTue 15 Oct 2013
- Are you our next Green Star Technical Manager?Wed 9 Oct 2013
- GBCA seeks new Communications ManagerFri 4 Oct 2013
- New Green Star Rulings to save time and moneyWed 18 Sep 2013