Revised Green Star 'Concrete' credit
The Green Star 'Concrete' credit was released on 15 May 2012, following the Concrete Credit Review process.
All Green Star projects registered before 1 July 2012 can use either the old Green Star Concrete credit or the new Green Star Concrete credit. Any projects registered after 1 July 2012 must use the new Green Star Concrete credit.
Download the Stakeholder Feedback Report Revised Concrete Credit. This includes feedback received during the public comment period of the Draft Revised Concrete credit and the response to this feedback, including changes subsequently made to the final credit.
The Concrete credit review
Since the GBCA introduced Green Star in 2003, the suite of environmental rating tools has included a ‘Concrete’ credit to encourage the use of non-virgin materials in concrete. The Green Star Concrete credit was included in the first Green Star rating tool, Green Star - Office Design v1, and has been featured in all subsequent Design and As Built rating tools.
In February 2009, the GBCA began a review of the Concrete credit. This involved gathering feedback from GBCA members and Green Star users, the Australian concrete industry and an Expert Reference Panel.
Following this review, the credit criteria has been refined to ensure it better reflects the aim of the credit. In addition, standardised documentation requirements and templates will ensure projects can easily demonstrate compliance.
The Green Building Council of Australia expects the revised credit will drive demand for improved outcomes within the concrete industry and align with current industry constraints and opportunities.
Green Building Council of Australia
In This Section
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionThu 16 May 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013
- Green Cities 2013: Embracing our challenges with optimismMon 18 Mar 2013
- Resilience - the challenge for greener citiesMon 18 Mar 2013
- Beta testing puts Green Star - Performance into practiceWed 27 Feb 2013
- Visionary green leadership just part of the design at Bowden Urban VillageWed 13 Feb 2013