New leadership for Grocon
Carolyn Viney, formerly Deputy Chief Executive Officer, has taken the reins from Daniel Grollo to become Chief Executive Officer of Grocon. Daniel Grollo is now Executive Chairman of Grocon and will retain strategic oversight and full ownership of the business.
Carolyn has been Deputy CEO for the past two years and has held a variety of roles within Grocon since joining in 2003, including as a member of the senior executive since 2007. She has been instrumental in growing Grocon's property development business, which is now a significant focus for the company, as well as having had responsibility for group strategy, people and culture, project delivery, corporate communications, IT and legal functions.
Daniel Grollo said he had chosen Carolyn as his successor and that she was the right person to lead Grocon into the next stage of its evolution.
"For the last five years, Carolyn has been intimately involved with me and the Board in setting Grocon's strategic direction and, since becoming Deputy CEO in 2012, has been largely responsible for the day-to-day running of the business.
"Carolyn has had a strong hand in Grocon's recent success including growing the company's portfolio of projects and overseeing successful project delivery. This is a succession which has long been anticipated by and has been welcomed by our people and will see us continue to grow our business toward an exciting sustainable future."
Grocon's core values are safety, sustainability, community and innovation and they have been a longtime supporter and market leader in the green building industry. Daniel Grollo is currently Chair of the GBCA Board and Carolyn Viney will present at our upcoming Leading Green Women event in Melbourne.
We congratulate Carolyn and Daniel on their new positions and continued leadership in the sustainability industry.
In This Section
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 30 Jun 2016
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015
- World Green Building Week 2015 wrap upWed 21 Oct 2015
- Notice of 2015 Annual General MeetingTue 20 Oct 2015
- A word from Rom - A springboard to sustainable successMon 19 Oct 2015
- Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s ConstitutionWed 2 Sep 2015
- A word from Rom - Opportunities aboundMon 24 Aug 2015
- Leadership leaves a legacyThu 20 Aug 2015
- GBCA makes submission on changes to National Construction CodeThu 20 Aug 2015