Leadership leaves a legacy
The Green Building Council of Australia says farewell to two great sustainability advocates.
Robin Mellon, the GBCA’s Chief Operating Officer, stepped down after nearly nine years with the organisation to pursue new career challenges.
Robin has made a massive contribution to the GBCA,
to our industry in Australia and the WorldGBC,
and leaves a lasting legacy.
GBCA’s Chief Executive Officer, Romilly Madew.
“He has maintained our strong engagement with government and industry stakeholders by participating on working groups, judging awards, speaking at conferences and elevating our advocacy agenda. Globally, he has supported the development of many GBCs around the world.”
Long-serving CEO of the Australian Institute of Architects, David Parken, also announced it was time for a change in leadership.
“David has been a great friend of the Green Building Council of Australia for many years. His influential role in the industry ensured the sustainability message got early cut-through with architects, and his collaborative style has helped many important sustainability platforms, such as the Built Environment Meets Parliament (BEMP) and the Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council (ASBEC), get off the ground,” Ms Madew says.
In This Section
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 30 Jun 2016
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015
- World Green Building Week 2015 wrap upWed 21 Oct 2015
- Notice of 2015 Annual General MeetingTue 20 Oct 2015
- A word from Rom - A springboard to sustainable successMon 19 Oct 2015
- Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s ConstitutionWed 2 Sep 2015
- A word from Rom - Opportunities aboundMon 24 Aug 2015
- Leadership leaves a legacyThu 20 Aug 2015
- GBCA makes submission on changes to National Construction CodeThu 20 Aug 2015