Green Star - Performance
The development of Green Star - Performance continues to proceed at a rapid pace, with a third of the proposed credits already in a draft format. Our Green Star - Performance Project Leader, Robert Milagre, has recently returned from North America, where he met with his counterparts to discuss alternative approaches used in other jurisdictions.
"There are many similarities between the Australian and North American markets, and it is very heartening to see the success of the LEED tool for existing buildings, operation and maintenance," he says. "The LEED-EBOM tool is certifying more projects in the US than the rest of the LEED tools combined - and we expect similar results in Australia once our Green Star - Performance rating tool takes off."
Once the tool is released, the GBCA will be developing new education resources specifically geared for building operators and the facilities management industry.
In This Section
- GBCA supports Pollinate Energy's Young Professionals ProgramWed 19 Jun 2013
- Delivering the next generation of Green Star rating toolsWed 19 Jun 2013
- New high-performance team for GBCATue 18 Jun 2013
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionTue 18 Jun 2013
- Green Star: A decade of environmental benefitsFri 7 Jun 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013