Green Star - Interiors
Imagine being able to assess the interior fitout of any building type – whether that’s a hospital, a school, a shop or an office. The Green Star – Interiors tool will be able to do just that.
This innovative rating tool takes a quantum leap from Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1. According to Green Star Technical Manager, Jorge Chapa, the principal difference between Green Star – Interiors and its predecessor is the number of credits contained within.
“Our new tool will feature 35 credits, including Innovation. This is far less than the 51 credits currently featured in the Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 tool,” Jorge says.
“It’s important to emphasise that this reduction in credits does not equal a reduction in rigour or impact. Green Star – Interiors contains a number of new credits for issues not addressed in the previous rating tool.
“New credits address issues such as ergonomics, glare from lighting, sustainable procurement guides, construction and demolition waste, and even light pollution,” he adds.
The Green Building Council of Australia has worked hard to ensure the new rating tool is ‘sector agnostic’. This means it provides guidance on fitouts based on activities, and complexity, detailing performance criteria that apply to most fitout types. When interpretation is required for a certain sector, the credit provides guidance on how a project must address the issue.
Green Star – Interiors will be released for PILOT later in 2012. Information on the development of the rating tool will be available shortly.
|Green Star - Interiors is proudly sponsored by ISIS|
In This Section
- A word from Rom - Making the move to net zeroFri 27 May 2016
- A word from Rom - Politics in the century of the cityThu 21 Apr 2016
- Cbus Property shakes up the sustainability spaceThu 21 Apr 2016
- A word from Rom - A brief history in 10 buildingsMon 21 Mar 2016
- A word from Rom - To go far, go togetherTue 23 Feb 2016
- Green Star – Design & As Built gets the thumbs upTue 23 Feb 2016
- A word from Rom - Sustainability is here to stayFri 8 Jan 2016
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 17 Dec 2015
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015