Green Star - Interiors
Imagine being able to assess the interior fitout of any building type – whether that’s a hospital, a school, a shop or an office. The Green Star – Interiors tool will be able to do just that.
This innovative rating tool takes a quantum leap from Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1. According to Green Star Technical Manager, Jorge Chapa, the principal difference between Green Star – Interiors and its predecessor is the number of credits contained within.
“Our new tool will feature 35 credits, including Innovation. This is far less than the 51 credits currently featured in the Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 tool,” Jorge says.
“It’s important to emphasise that this reduction in credits does not equal a reduction in rigour or impact. Green Star – Interiors contains a number of new credits for issues not addressed in the previous rating tool.
“New credits address issues such as ergonomics, glare from lighting, sustainable procurement guides, construction and demolition waste, and even light pollution,” he adds.
The Green Building Council of Australia has worked hard to ensure the new rating tool is ‘sector agnostic’. This means it provides guidance on fitouts based on activities, and complexity, detailing performance criteria that apply to most fitout types. When interpretation is required for a certain sector, the credit provides guidance on how a project must address the issue.
Green Star – Interiors will be released for PILOT later in 2012. Information on the development of the rating tool will be available shortly.
|Green Star - Interiors is proudly sponsored by ISIS|
In This Section
- Talk around the GreenHouse - Products, Proof and ProvenanceMon 20 Oct 2014
- Moving towards sustainable homesThu 16 Oct 2014
- What is Human Nature?Thu 16 Oct 2014
- A new era for product manufacturers and Green StarThu 16 Oct 2014
- Thinking in circlesTue 23 Sep 2014
- Residential done rightWed 17 Sep 2014
- "Great cities don't come by accident"Fri 22 Aug 2014
- Can you really predict the future?Wed 20 Aug 2014
- Building Next generation health care - now. Gyprock EC08 is connecting sustainability with health.Wed 16 Jul 2014
- CCN Live is back and GBCA members SAVE 33%Tue 15 Jul 2014