Green Star - Interiors
Imagine being able to assess the interior fitout of any building type – whether that’s a hospital, a school, a shop or an office. The Green Star – Interiors tool will be able to do just that.
This innovative rating tool takes a quantum leap from Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1. According to Green Star Technical Manager, Jorge Chapa, the principal difference between Green Star – Interiors and its predecessor is the number of credits contained within.
“Our new tool will feature 35 credits, including Innovation. This is far less than the 51 credits currently featured in the Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 tool,” Jorge says.
“It’s important to emphasise that this reduction in credits does not equal a reduction in rigour or impact. Green Star – Interiors contains a number of new credits for issues not addressed in the previous rating tool.
“New credits address issues such as ergonomics, glare from lighting, sustainable procurement guides, construction and demolition waste, and even light pollution,” he adds.
The Green Building Council of Australia has worked hard to ensure the new rating tool is ‘sector agnostic’. This means it provides guidance on fitouts based on activities, and complexity, detailing performance criteria that apply to most fitout types. When interpretation is required for a certain sector, the credit provides guidance on how a project must address the issue.
Green Star – Interiors will be released for PILOT later in 2012. Information on the development of the rating tool will be available shortly.
|Green Star - Interiors is proudly sponsored by ISIS|
In This Section
- GBCA supports Pollinate Energy's Young Professionals ProgramWed 19 Jun 2013
- Delivering the next generation of Green Star rating toolsWed 19 Jun 2013
- New high-performance team for GBCATue 18 Jun 2013
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionTue 18 Jun 2013
- Green Star: A decade of environmental benefitsFri 7 Jun 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013