Green Star - Interiors
Imagine being able to assess the interior fitout of any building type – whether that’s a hospital, a school, a shop or an office. The Green Star – Interiors tool will be able to do just that.
This innovative rating tool takes a quantum leap from Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1. According to Green Star Technical Manager, Jorge Chapa, the principal difference between Green Star – Interiors and its predecessor is the number of credits contained within.
“Our new tool will feature 35 credits, including Innovation. This is far less than the 51 credits currently featured in the Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 tool,” Jorge says.
“It’s important to emphasise that this reduction in credits does not equal a reduction in rigour or impact. Green Star – Interiors contains a number of new credits for issues not addressed in the previous rating tool.
“New credits address issues such as ergonomics, glare from lighting, sustainable procurement guides, construction and demolition waste, and even light pollution,” he adds.
The Green Building Council of Australia has worked hard to ensure the new rating tool is ‘sector agnostic’. This means it provides guidance on fitouts based on activities, and complexity, detailing performance criteria that apply to most fitout types. When interpretation is required for a certain sector, the credit provides guidance on how a project must address the issue.
Green Star – Interiors will be released for PILOT later in 2012. Information on the development of the rating tool will be available shortly.
|Green Star - Interiors is proudly sponsored by ISIS|
In This Section
- A word from Rom - A thing of beauty is a joy foreverThu 16 Apr 2015
- A word from RomMon 30 Mar 2015
- Emissions Reduction Fund Update from Sparke HelmoreTue 24 Mar 2015
- Can Queensland be a stronger, more sustainable state? The answers are in.Fri 27 Feb 2015
- A word from Rom - Creating connected citiesWed 18 Feb 2015
- Host a GBCA Member EveningTue 17 Feb 2015
- A word from Rom - Does size matter?Wed 21 Jan 2015
- Advocacy 2014 winsTue 20 Jan 2015
- Leading the way in 2014Thu 18 Dec 2014
- Expression of Interest for GBCA State Industry GroupsThu 20 Nov 2014