Green Star Executive Director seconded to Livable Housing Australia
The Green Building Council of Australia’s (GBCA’s) Executive Director of Green Star, Andrew Aitken, has been seconded to Livable Housing Australia (LHA) for six months.
LHA champions the mainstream adoption of livable housing design principles in all new homes built in Australia.
Andrew will act in the role of Executive Director from 12 November, while Amelia Starr takes parental leave.
“This secondment is of great benefit to both our organisations, as it enables us to build closer links and identify areas for potential future collaboration, particularly with relation to the Green Star - Communities rating tool,” says the GBCA’s Chief Executive, Romilly Madew.
“LHA welcomes Andrew as acting Executive Director and we thank the GBCA for agreeing to share his skills, experience and expertise as we commence the roll-out of the recently launched Livable Housing Design Quality Mark,” says Peter Verwer, Chair of LHA.
During Andrew’s absence, Orjan Lundberg, Director of Green Star Operations and Jorge Chapa, Director of Green Star Development, will share his responsibilities. Andrew will return to his role at GBCA at the end of the secondment.
More information on Livable Housing Australia.
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 0412 179 135
In This Section
- GBCA supports Pollinate Energy's Young Professionals ProgramWed 19 Jun 2013
- Delivering the next generation of Green Star rating toolsWed 19 Jun 2013
- New high-performance team for GBCATue 18 Jun 2013
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionTue 18 Jun 2013
- Green Star: A decade of environmental benefitsFri 7 Jun 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013