Green Star dominates Innovation and Excellence Awards
The 5 Star Green Star – Office Design and As Built v2 rated Fairfax Media House project has taken the top award at this year’s Property Council of Australia / Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation and Excellence Awards. Beating 101 other project nominations from around the country, Media House claimed the prestigious Australian Development of the Year Award, and was also awarded the Colliers International Award for Best Office Development and the Project Control Group Award for Best Workplace Project.
Property Council of Australia Chief Operating Officer, Ken Morrison said: “Fairfax Media House is an outstanding showcase of what Australia’s property industry can produce. Housing some of the country’s biggest media companies, the development has set benchmarks for sustainability and innovation”.
Other Green Star projects to be recognised at the awards include Melbourne’s 6 Star Green Star – Office Design v3 certified Pixel building, which was awarded the Nepean Award for Innovation, and Sydney’s 6 Star Green Star – Office Design and As Built v2 rated 39 Hunter Street, which was awarded the S4B Studio Award for Best Heritage and Adaptive Reuse.
“It’s fantastic to see Green Star-rated buildings and project teams being recognised and rewarded for their efforts. Green Star-certified projects are at the forefront of design and construction innovation, and are breaking the barriers of what’s possible for sustainability in Australia’s built environment every day,” says GBCA Chief Executive, Romilly Madew.
“The business case for green building grows stronger with each new project, and the fact that Green Star-rated projects are consistently recognised with industry awards, is a testament to how mainstream sustainable building has become in 2012,” concludes Ms Madew.
The GBCA would like to congratulate Grocon and Kador Group on the success of Fairfax Media House, Pixel, and 39 Hunter Street at the 2012 Innovation and Excellence Awards.
In This Section
- Accountability through transparencyTue 26 Nov 2013
- Rising star of Green StarFri 15 Nov 2013
- Meet our first GSAP - PerformanceFri 15 Nov 2013
- Cleaning products and VOC requirements now recognisedFri 15 Nov 2013
- GBCA trade delegation to India: express your interestThu 24 Oct 2013
- Celebrating our successesThu 24 Oct 2013
- New government, new opportunities for changeTue 15 Oct 2013
- Are you our next Green Star Technical Manager?Wed 9 Oct 2013
- GBCA seeks new Communications ManagerFri 4 Oct 2013
- New Green Star Rulings to save time and moneyWed 18 Sep 2013