GBCA trade delegation to India: express your interest
Austrade are holding a Market Briefing video conference on 7 November 2013 to offer more information. This information session explores business opportunities in India's rapidly growing sustainable built environment sector. They'll discuss some of the preconceptions about doing business with India. You'll also hear from organisations in India about current opportunities.
Austrade invites GBCA members to join a GBCA-led delegation to India in February 2014. The delegation will showcase Australian technologies and expertise in the areas of integrated planning and sustainable cities, as well as identify new growth opportunities for Australian organisations.
With the growth of urbanisation in India it is estimated that by 2050, 700 million people are likely to migrate to cities. To cope with this, India is looking at creating sustainable integrated townships across the country, using the concept of green building to create smart, self-contained cities.
The projected potential for green building materials and technologies is estimated at US$100 billion, making India one of the top three countries fully involved in spearheading the global green building movement.
To support this growth, in 2013 the Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) was made mandatory for commercial buildings across eight of India’s 28 states. Hence, there is a great need for collaborative partnerships to sustain the green building footprint in India, where the scale and speed of project developments are unprecedented.
Austrade proposes a five day visit to India from 24 February - 1 March 2014, during which Austrade can arrange:
- Round Tables with active developers, policy advocates and relevant government representatives from urban development departments. A focused session with key developers on the topic of integrated planning will discuss this growing trend and understand how Australian expertise can support these developments.
- Individual B2B Meetings for delegates interested in specific opportunities for their particular organisations, with the opportunity to develop relationships with IGBC members, government agencies, key customers (e.g. infrastructure developers) and potential partners (e.g. distributors) through larger networking events.
- Study Tours to visit two cities in India, Delhi and Mumbai, meeting with public and private sector thought-leaders and undertaking site tours of leading-edge green buildings, to get a balanced view on the developments across the country. Both cities are actively involved in green building developments, such as hotels, townships and offices, collaborating with international companies.
- On-the-Ground Assistance and Advice on how to successfully operate in the Indian market from Austrade’s in-market specialists.
Who should attend?
- Designers, urban planners, engineers, architects and those offering consultancy services to the green building industry worldwide
- Suppliers of green building and energy-efficient products and technologies
- Building and construction companies.
For more information about this valuable opportunity, please contact Sonali Saigal at Austrade by e-mail at [email protected] by Thursday 31 October 2013.
Chief Operating Officer
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6214
Mobile: 0434 495 388
Email: [email protected]
In This Section
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 30 Jun 2016
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015
- World Green Building Week 2015 wrap upWed 21 Oct 2015
- Notice of 2015 Annual General MeetingTue 20 Oct 2015
- A word from Rom - A springboard to sustainable successMon 19 Oct 2015
- Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s ConstitutionWed 2 Sep 2015
- A word from Rom - Opportunities aboundMon 24 Aug 2015
- Leadership leaves a legacyThu 20 Aug 2015
- GBCA makes submission on changes to National Construction CodeThu 20 Aug 2015