Facilities Management Skills Development Initiative
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) is partnering with the NSW Government and property industry associations to investigate new ideas for education programs targeting the facilities management sector.
Recognising the important role of facilities managers in ensuring that Australia’s buildings operate to their sustainable potential, the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, GBCA, Property Council of Australia (PCA), Facilities Management Association of Australia (FMA), and the Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating (AIRAH), invite facilities management professionals to respond to a survey about their roles and responsibilities, current skills in the field of energy efficiency, and preferred delivery modes for training.
The results of this survey will inform the development of new energy efficiency education programs that meet the specific professional development needs of facilities managers.
New education and training initiatives that will target the facilities management sector support the work GBCA is already doing to generate better efficiency outcomes for Australia’s built environment, via the development of the Green Star – Performance rating tool.
Currently within the credit development phase, Green Star – Performance will revolutionise existing building operations, by ‘closing the loop’ on the design, construction and management of Australia's built environment, and providing a way for building owners and facilities managers to develop upgrade plans that focus on holistic environmental performance.
GBCA encourages all facilities management professionals to complete the survey, as your input will assist us to develop quality programs that respond to your needs. It is expected that the survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete, and can be completed anonymously.
In This Section
- Accountability through transparencyTue 26 Nov 2013
- Rising star of Green StarFri 15 Nov 2013
- Meet our first GSAP - PerformanceFri 15 Nov 2013
- Cleaning products and VOC requirements now recognisedFri 15 Nov 2013
- GBCA trade delegation to India: express your interestThu 24 Oct 2013
- Celebrating our successesThu 24 Oct 2013
- New government, new opportunities for changeTue 15 Oct 2013
- Are you our next Green Star Technical Manager?Wed 9 Oct 2013
- GBCA seeks new Communications ManagerFri 4 Oct 2013
- New Green Star Rulings to save time and moneyWed 18 Sep 2013