Facilities Management Skills Development Initiative
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) is partnering with the NSW Government and property industry associations to investigate new ideas for education programs targeting the facilities management sector.
Recognising the important role of facilities managers in ensuring that Australia’s buildings operate to their sustainable potential, the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, GBCA, Property Council of Australia (PCA), Facilities Management Association of Australia (FMA), and the Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating (AIRAH), invite facilities management professionals to respond to a survey about their roles and responsibilities, current skills in the field of energy efficiency, and preferred delivery modes for training.
The results of this survey will inform the development of new energy efficiency education programs that meet the specific professional development needs of facilities managers.
New education and training initiatives that will target the facilities management sector support the work GBCA is already doing to generate better efficiency outcomes for Australia’s built environment, via the development of the Green Star – Performance rating tool.
Currently within the credit development phase, Green Star – Performance will revolutionise existing building operations, by ‘closing the loop’ on the design, construction and management of Australia's built environment, and providing a way for building owners and facilities managers to develop upgrade plans that focus on holistic environmental performance.
GBCA encourages all facilities management professionals to complete the survey, as your input will assist us to develop quality programs that respond to your needs. It is expected that the survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete, and can be completed anonymously.
In This Section
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionThu 16 May 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013
- Green Cities 2013: Embracing our challenges with optimismMon 18 Mar 2013
- Resilience - the challenge for greener citiesMon 18 Mar 2013
- Beta testing puts Green Star - Performance into practiceWed 27 Feb 2013
- Visionary green leadership just part of the design at Bowden Urban VillageWed 13 Feb 2013